Here’s another quick and easy recipe from our kitchen to yours…
These Cheese Fingers with Spicy Tomato Relish is so versatile it’s something you can serve to your kids as a snack at home or as their baon in school (just omit the paprika and harissa for them). But if you like it hot and spicy (and would prefer to keep all the ingredients), then it can be served as a tasty appetizer dish for your friends on cocktail nights at home!
I guarantee you this will be a big hit to both kids and adults alike, as who does not love hot and melted cheese after all?!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESE STICKS
Cheese sticks (cheddar or mozzarella)
Bread crumbs (regular or panko)
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Paprika (adjustable depending on level of spiciness desired)
Salt (just a dash for taste)
INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY TOMATO RELISH
Harissa paste (1 tsp is spicy enough; omit if this will be served to children)
Fresh basil, chopped
- Add rosemary to bread crumbs. Add a dash of paprika and a sprinkle of salt.
- Toast bread crumbs on heated pan (no oil).
- Dip cheese sticks on beaten egg, coat with bread crumbs, place on your baking tray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for just 3 to 4 minutes (Do not over bake!)
- Make your spicy tomato relish – Saute garlic and tomatoes in olive oil
- Add a teaspoon (more or less depending on your desired heat level) of harissa, set aside in bowl
- Add fresh basil leaves and mix your tomato relish all together
- Serve on the side with your freshly baked cheese sticks. Best eaten while hot!
Guess what, all these were done in 10 minutes — yes, believe me that’s how simple it is! Because really who has time these days to make complicated dishes? This is why here in TSM Kitchen, we only use recipes that are easy and fun to do!
Here’s my quick video for CHEESE FINGERS with SPICY TOMATO RELISH :
Now isn’t this something you would love to serve with a cold glass of beer or bubbly? (Or milk, depending on your choice of guests?!)
Send me your quick and easy recipes and get a chance to be featured here on The Spoiled Mummy!
Get our previous recipes by clicking the link here.