It’s been a while since I last shared a recipe on the blog… so here it goes!
Another quick and easy recipe for you to try this weekend : Thai Fishcakes with Satay Dip!
Watch the video here :
And here are the detailed lists of ingredients and procedures :
Ingredients for the Thai Fishcakes :
- 200 g cream dory fillet
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix Blender in the order listed above (except for the cilantro leaves).
- Turn the Vitamix speed to level 4 and blend for just 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cilantro leaves and chill for at least an hour (or overnight if you wish to cook it the next day).
- After chilling, form the fish cake mixture into patties.
- Fry until both sides turn to golden brown. Garnish with cilantro leaves again (if you wish) and serve with homemade satay dip.
Ingredients for the Satay Dip :
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- chili flakes, optional
- 1 medium-sized knob of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Sauté garlic cloves in sesame oil, add the chili flakes, ginger, vegetable broth, peanut butter, hoisin sauce and fish sauce.
- Transfer to the Vitamix blender. Turn on speed to 4 and blend until smooth. Serve on the side of your Thai Fiscakes!
Of course, there is always a better alternative for you! If you don’t want to make the satay dip and wish to have a more interesting mix of dips instead… here’s my suggestion : Taste by Grace Home’s Organic Spinach and Mushroom Chimichurri and Organic Tomato and Kaffir Lime Chutney!
As you can see in the video, I tried both of them with the Fishcakes… But I think it’s the Chutney that best pairs with the Fishcakes! I love my Chimichurri –– but I love it spread on top of my meats like beef, chicken, lamb, turkey and pork! Perhaps in my next recipe?
Try them both and let me know what you think!
To see our previous recipes on the blog : click this link here.