Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since I last shared a recipe on the blog… so here’s something I came up with which I hope you and your kids will love! And just like my previous ones (which you can find if you click the link here), this recipe is simple, quick and easy — perfect for all busy mummies and hungry kiddos out there!
What do we have here? This is BAKED CHICKEN BARBECUE PASTA, a complete meal on its own which you can serve for lunch, merienda or dinner or — something you can also send as baon to school!
1 cup cooked or roasted chicken, cubed
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup canned corn kernels
1 tbsp. red onions, diced
200g plain yoghurt (other options : sour cream or ranch dressing)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
salt & pepper
350g cooked fusilli pasta
200g mozzarella cheese
*PLEASE NOTE : the quantities used are based on my approximation; feel free to add or deduct as you see fit based on your tastes and preferences
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, put the chicken, crushed tomatoes, corn, onions, then mix.
- Add the yoghurt, barbecue sauce and then mix everything thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix again.
- Transfer everything to your baking pan. Spread evenly then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place it in the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool for a minute. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread!
Watch the short video here :