TSM Homemade Recipe : Quick and Easy Asian Noodle Dish
So I am back in the kitchen with another TSM Homemade Recipe to share! This is another simple recipe that involves only a few steps… so I guarantee it’s something you will enjoy cooking and of course, eating!
I call this my Quick and Easy Asian Noodle Dish, as it was inspired by my family’s love for Korean food. This is more or less similar to the Korean noodle dish called Japchae. Flavors are rich and bold and yet, with all the vegetables you add plus the egg, the dish is transformed into something deliciously healthy that both kids and grown ups will enjoy.
For this particular recipe, I used my Tiger Electric Skillet which is available in most department stores. It comes with a deep non-stick pan which you can use for any type of cooking like frying and grilling. It also comes with a tempered glass lid to keep your grilled food warm.
So let’s get cooking!
1 cup shredded or cubed meat (beef, chicken, lamb, or pork)
*In this recipe, I used my left-over pork adobo — which is tastier and one step less for me
*But if you don’t have any cooked meat — that’s ok, use fresh that will be sauteed later on
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
3 tbsp sesame oil
5 tbsp soy sauce (1 tbsp for cooking pork and 4 tbsp for cooking vegetables with noodles)
1 tsp mirin
2 – 3 tbsp honey
2 – 3 tbsp brown sugar
1 onion (sliced)
1 carrot (sliced)
3-4 heads of mushrooms (sliced) – shiitake or portobello
1 red bell pepper (sliced)
Salt and pepper
*I used 2 kinds for this recipe : vermicelli or sotanghon / bihon, and egg noodles or canton; but really, any Asian noodle (even just 1 kind) will do
*PLEASE NOTE : the quantities used are based on my approximation; feel free to add or deduct as you see fit based on your tastes and preferences
Half cup spinach (sauteed on garlic and sesame oil)
Chopped scallions (or spring onions)
Sesame seeds (toasted)
Egg — cooked and cut into strips
*I separated the yolk from the white, fried them and cut them into strips; but feel free to use the whole egg
*Other vegetables you may wish to add for variety and texture : bean sprouts and carrots — they will work well with this recipe too
1. Pour your sesame oil in the skillet. Saute the garlic in the oil.
2. Add your chosen meat, season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat all the way through. Set aside.
3. Pour sesame oil in the skillet again. Add your vegetables : onions, mushrooms, carrots and bell peppers. Stir until vegetables are tender (but not too soft). Then add mirin, soy sauce, honey and brown sugar. Mix them all together.
3. Once vegetables are cooked, add in your cooked noodles. Mix them well. You may add more sesame oil if needed, or if your noodles are still “dry”.
4. Top the noodles with spinach, meat, egg strips, scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Watch the video to see how quick and easy this recipe is!
And here’s our finished product!
Do you have a simple recipe to share? Send them over and get a chance to be featured here on The Spoiled Mummy!
Till the next one!
To go back to our previous TSM HOMEMADE RECIPES, just click here.