It’s been a while since I last wrote about a dish from my own TSM Homemade Recipes, so here I am sharing with you one of my favorites from my own kitchen…
This is one dish that’s delicious, comforting and healthy. It’s one of my favorite pasta recipes since it’s really simple and easy to do. Ingredients are basic and always available : tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil and my favorite fish, salmon.
Take a look…
Salmon Pomodoro Pasta
Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
Whole Peeled Tomatoes
Your preferred Pasta
Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated is best)
Crème Fraiche (if not available, any cooking cream will do)
Chopped Pepper Labuyo/ Chili Flakes
Fresh Thyme and Basil leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and make sure to add olive oil to the water so the pasta noodles don’t stick together. Drain and place over cold running water for about one minute. Set aside.
- Wash the salmon, dry and cut into cubes. Season it with salt and pepper, then squeeze a bit of lemon to give it a “refreshing” taste.
- Place a generous amount of olive oil to sear the salmon cubes. Before doing so, make sure that your pan is very hot. This is very important as you want to achieve that crispness (on the edges) and tenderness (on the inside) of the fish.
- Toss the minced garlic while searing the salmon. (This adds a nice garlick-y flavor to your fish as well.)
- Once perfectly seared, add the whole peeled tomatoes and some salt and pepper to taste. Slowly bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add a dollop of crème fraiche (or any cooking cream) and parmesan cheese. Chop the basil leaves and add this along with the cherry tomatoes and chili flakes. Sprinkle a pinch of thyme to get that nice aroma. Let this mixture simmer for about a minute.
- Drain the pasta, toss and mix it with the seared salmon tomato mixture. Make sure to do this gently so as not to mash or break the salmon cubes into smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and chopped basil on top. Serve with your favorite bread.