Recipe: Chinese Sausage Fried Rice by Jin Loves To Eat
Our next guest recipe is by one of my favorite food bloggers, Jin Perez of www.jinlovestoeat.com. Aside from being a blogger, she is also a food writer for one of our major dailies, Manila Bulletin. One thing you will notice about Jin is her innate passion for food. Yes, she is one girl who loves to eat and is not afraid to show it! In fact, I tell her that I am envious of her because she eats without worry — for she is able to maintain her figure despite her big love affair with food. She is constantly posting photos of delicious food, which if you add it all up is really more than the sum of three regular meals in a day! 🙂 I say, she is one lucky girl. She is Jin who really loves to eat!
But aside from eating, Jin also loves to cook. She says that she learned how to cook when she moved to Taipei briefly in year 2000. So now, Jin will be sharing with us one of her favorite dishes she grew up with. It is her favorite kind of fried rice because there is the addition of the sweet and salty Chinese sausages, which make the rice fragrant and more flavorful. She also says that this dish is very easy to prepare and the best part is, it is a complete meal on its own!
Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
3-4 Chinese sausages, thinly sliced
2 goose liver sausage, thinly sliced (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 bunches green onions, chopped
4 cups overnight rice
Salt and pepper to taste
Note: Goose liver sausages are in season during winter months. Whenever it is available, add 2 pieces of it and cut back the pork sausages to 3, which is what Jin did for this recipe. In the absence of liver sausage, you may use 4 pork sausages instead.
*Jin gets her favorite liver sausages from Yung Kee in Hong Kong.
- Heat up your wok and add the sausages. Cook till fragrant and until the fat melts. Remove the sausages, but keep the oil. This is where all the flavor is!
- Add eggs to wok to fry in the sausage fat until cooked through but still very soft. Remove eggs.
- Add sesame oil into same wok, turn heat to high and add in garlic, green onions and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add in rice and break it up into grains. Add in sausages and egg then mix until all ingredients are combined and steaming hot.
- Season with salt and pepper as fit. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
To see more of Jin’s food adventures, click here.
If you have simple and easy recipes to share, go ahead and send them to me. Email me at [email protected] so I can feature you and your favorite dishes here!