Singapore is a city close to my heart. We lived there for a good 2 years, straight after the wedding. This was also where I gave birth to my first child. So it is no wonder then I love coming back to this city every now and then – to relive our first few years as a family, to meet up with good friends both old and new, and of course, to eat, eat and just EAT.
Looking back, I am surprised why I have never written extensively about Singapore on the blog! So allow me now to share with you some of my favorite dishes from some of my favorite restaurants in Singapore (in no particular order) :
1. ESQUINA – a modern Spanish tapas bar located in the heart of Chinatown and led by no less than Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton.
16 Jiak Chuan Road, Singapore 089267
Tel: +65 6222 1616
2. BURNT ENDS – a modern Australian barbecue place that offers comfort food in a hip and casual setting. They are most known for their Burnt Ends’ Sanger, which is probably the most delicious pulled pork sandwich I have ever tried!
20 Teck Lim Road, Singapore 088391
3. PIZZERIA MOZZA – Celebrity Chef Mario Batali’s pizza place in Singapore has always been named as one of Singapore’s best casual dining places. Almost everything on the menu is good but it is their thick and crusty pizzas that are the definite must-trys!
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, B1 – 42/46 Galleria Level
2 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
Tel: +65 6688 8522
4. BISTRO MODERNE – another celebrity chef who has made a home in Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands is New York-based award winning chef Daniel Boulud. His Bistro Moderne offers a delicious mix of French bistro food and American menu staples. He is most famous for his burgers, as he is known to have originated the mouth-watering foie gras burger known on his menu as The Original db Burger.
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, B1-48 Galleria Level
2 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
Tel + 65 6688 8525
5. RANG MAHAL – Singapore has an abundance of good Indian restaurants. This one located inside Pan Pacific Hotel is one of the few fine dining places that I have come to love. Rang Mahal serves some of the most authentic and traditional Indian dishes, presented well in a classy, modern setting.
*Sorry for the grainy photo (place was dark and I only had my iphone at that time!)
Level 3, Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039595
Tel +65 6333 1788
6. BRASSERIE LES SAVEURS – This is my favorite place in Singapore for a good Sunday Champagne Brunch. Located inside the beautiful St. Regis hotel, this restaurant on the ground floor will take your breath away with its beauty and splendor, while filling your stomach with the best hors d’ oeuvres and freshest seafood in the city.
Brasserie Les Saveurs
The St. Regis Singapore, Lobby Level
29 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247911
Tel +65 6506 6860
7. JUMBO SEAFOOD RESTAURANT – What’s a trip to Singapore without a trip to the East Coast to eat the world-renowned Singapore crabs? There are many names you will hear as to who has the best crabs in the city, but since I’ve only been to Jumbo (a number of times), this is the one I can recommend. This is no fine dining place, but rather a very low-key, casual, outdoor restaurant by the sea serving affordable, freshly made live seafood dishes cooked the Singaporean way.
Please take it from me : DO NOT leave Singapore without having their city’s famous crabs :
Blk 1206 East Coast Parkway
#01-07/08, East Coast Seafood Centre, Singapore 449883
Tel + 65 6442-3435
For French fine dining in Singapore, I shared this one amazing experience here .
Do you have any favorite restaurants in Singapore? I would love to hear them, share them here with me!